Pool Safety Tips
- According to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), drowning is the leading cause of injury death among children aged 1 to 4. In fact, three children die every day in the U.S. as a result of drowning, and the majority of these accidental deaths occur in home swimming pools.
- While participation in formal swimming lessons can greatly reduce drowning risk for young children, it is no guarantee against tragic drowning-related injuries and deaths in unenclosed and unsupervised residential swimming pools.
- The CDC recommends the installation of four-sided pool fencing systems as a key method of preventing drowning deaths. Four-sided pool fencing systems are pool fencing systems which completely separate the house and play area of a residential property from the pool.
- While three-sided property line fencing is fairly effective against preventing neighborhood children from gaining entry to a yard containing a pool, it does nothing to keep children already admitted to the house or yard from accessing the pool area.
- In fact, studies have shown that a four-sided "isolation fence" – a pool fencing system which completely separates the pool area from the house and the yard— reduces a child's risk of drowning 83% compared to three-sided property-line fencing.
- Guardian Pool Fence Systems meet the pool fencing building code and safety requirements set forth by many municipalities throughout the United States, in large part due to our innovative patented locking deck sleeve designs.
- In fact, Guardian's Premier Pool Fence line is the only mesh pool fencing that meets the stringent pool fencing code standards for the City of Los Angeles — primarily because of its patented locking deck sleeve design and ASTM F-2286 certification.
- Guardian's patented self closing gate is the first gate in the removable mesh pool fence industry engineered with double pole trusses on each side of the gate — a design which maintains even tension throughout the fencing system for excellent gate functionality.
- Our patented Guardian pool fence gate features the patented Magna Latch System: a magnetic latching system which is self-closing, self-latching, climb-resistant, and also key-locking — and is recognized as the safest pool gate latching system available today.
- Our Premier Pool Fence poles are the strongest available. They are constructed of marine grade 6063 T6 aluminum reinforced with a durable PVC center core. This core is secured to a ½" diameter chamfered stainless steel rod. The small diameter of this rod allows for the drilling of dime-sized deck sleeve holes for fence installation — installation holes which are much smaller than those required by other mesh pool fencing systems, and which are much less obtrusive when the fencing system is not in place.
- All Guardian Pool Fence Systems have been independently tested and certified as meeting ASTM F-2286 standards for California Building Code pool barrier requirements.
My wife and I love to spend time with our grandkids and we love having our guardian fence system around our swimming pool. We never have to worry about our 3 year old grandson when we have him over. He is very active and has tried to get into the pool area...